I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone of my traditional ‘green’ smoothies and try some new recipes.
I think I hit a home-run on the first try!
I’d love to hear your thoughts or comments below. Let me know if you liked it or if you modified it in anyway?
Turmeric is a member of the ginger family and it has the active ingredient curcumin which is used widely in cooking in South Asia. Curcumin is known for it’s antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Turmeric itself has anti-bacteria and anti-fungal properties.
Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory . Has also been shown in clinical studies to reduce nausea better than placebo. So if you are pregnant and having trouble keeping food down this smoothie may be just the thing
Flax and chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids which are also potent anti-inflammtory aids.
1 1/2 Cups of unsweetened almond milk
1 Frozen banana
1 Handfull walnuts
1 Handful pecans
1/4–1/2 Inch fresh ginger root
1/4-1/2 Inch fresh turmeric root
1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon fresh macca powder
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 Tablespoon flax seeds
Place the almond milk in blender first then add the above ingredients. I chose to lightly peal the ginger and turmeric root. If you have a Vitamix you will not need to grind the nuts or seeds prior. If you do not have a powerful blender then I recommend grinding nuts and seeds in a coffee grinder before placing them in the blender.
As you know I use all organic ingredients.
If you’s like to have some greens in your smoothie – I made it this morning and added 2 large handfuls of baby spinach. It was equally as good!
This is an awesome anti-inflammatory smoothie and I hope you enjoy it!
I’m ‘Doing Medicine Differently’ and I hope you join me!
Want to learn more?
Take our Guide to the Gut and Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourses! These courses outline Dr. Myers’ method in diagnosing and treating gut infections in order to achieve optimal gut health. If headaches, seasonal allergies, and gastrointestinal issues (like IBS) have you looking for a solution, the basic protocol outlined in these eCourses will help to resolve those issues. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue, or candida overgrowth, these eCourses have a specialized protocol designed for you.
Our objective is to empower you to discover your personal food sensitivities and find the most effective ways to implement a dietary change into your unique lifestyle. You will discover the root cause of your symptoms and be able to self-treat at home with food and supplements. During the course, you will have access to a number of worksheets, shopping guides, and checklists that you can complete in the comfort of your home.
The Myers Way Guide to the Gut eCourse includes:
- 4 hours of information
- Guide to digestion
- Signs that you have a leaky gut
- Risk factors for leaky gut
- Personalized gut exam
- Symptom tracker
- 4R Program guidelines
- Gut-soothing recipes
You will learn about:
- Digestion and absorption
- The development and recommended treatment of leaky gut
- Testing and treatment of various gut infections
- Gut-healing supplements and foods
The Myers Way Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourse includes:
- 25 worksheets
- 8 modules of information
- Symptom tracker to track your progress
- Specific diet protocols based on medical needs
- Unique shopping guides for each diet protocol
- Tips for following The Myers Way elimination diet on-the-go
- Personalized food sensitivity information card
- Easy-to-follow meal plans
- Interactive food diary
You will learn how to:
- Formulate a tailored eating plan for life to optimize your nutrition and your health
- Identify foods that are inflammatory triggers
- Achieve weight loss, better sleep, mental clarity, beautiful skin, high energy and youthfulness
- Improve common symptoms associated with chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases, IBS, blood sugar imbalances, migraines, chronic pain disorders, skin disorders and more