Memorial Day Veggie Skewers
Thank you to all the men, women and families who have served our country and sacrificed greatly. We can celebrate immense freedoms because of you.
Memorial Day Veggie Skewers
Brianne Williams, RD, LD
- 10-15 bamboo skewers
- 2 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Gallon size lip lock bags
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped into chucks and divided
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Additional desired herbs such as mint, cilantro, basil (optional)
Soak 10-15 bamboo skewers in water for about a half hour. Parboil the sweet potato and carrots to soften, then cut into bite size chunks. Wash and slice zucchini, yellow squash, 1/2 onion, and bell pepper into bite sized chunks and separate into gallon size zip lock bags with cherry tomatoes.
Place ingredients for marinade in blender: lemon juice, garlic, ½ onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs. Blend until mixed well. Drizzle over vegetables and let marinate for at least an hour.
Heat grill and slide marinated veggies onto skewers. Place veggie skewers on grill and cook about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Happy Memorial Day!
-Eliminate green bell peppers and cherry tomatoes to enjoy on The Myers Way.
– Can add chicken, shrimp, or beef cubes as well.
Want to learn more?
Take our Guide to the Gut and Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourses! These courses outline Dr. Myers’ method in diagnosing and treating gut infections in order to achieve optimal gut health. If headaches, seasonal allergies, and gastrointestinal issues (like IBS) have you looking for a solution, the basic protocol outlined in these eCourses will help to resolve those issues. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue, or candida overgrowth, these eCourses have a specialized protocol designed for you.
Our objective is to empower you to discover your personal food sensitivities and find the most effective ways to implement a dietary change into your unique lifestyle. You will discover the root cause of your symptoms and be able to self-treat at home with food and supplements. During the course, you will have access to a number of worksheets, shopping guides, and checklists that you can complete in the comfort of your home.
The Myers Way Guide to the Gut eCourse includes:
- 4 hours of information
- Guide to digestion
- Signs that you have a leaky gut
- Risk factors for leaky gut
- Personalized gut exam
- Symptom tracker
- 4R Program guidelines
- Gut-soothing recipes
You will learn about:
- Digestion and absorption
- The development and recommended treatment of leaky gut
- Testing and treatment of various gut infections
- Gut-healing supplements and foods
The Myers Way Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourse includes:
- 25 worksheets
- 8 modules of information
- Symptom tracker to track your progress
- Specific diet protocols based on medical needs
- Unique shopping guides for each diet protocol
- Tips for following The Myers Way elimination diet on-the-go
- Personalized food sensitivity information card
- Easy-to-follow meal plans
- Interactive food diary
You will learn how to:
- Formulate a tailored eating plan for life to optimize your nutrition and your health
- Identify foods that are inflammatory triggers
- Achieve weight loss, better sleep, mental clarity, beautiful skin, high energy and youthfulness
- Improve common symptoms associated with chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases, IBS, blood sugar imbalances, migraines, chronic pain disorders, skin disorders and more