Chicken Fajita Salad
August 20, 2015
This Chicken Fajita Salad captures all the taste of fajitas without the worry of the corn or flour tortillas! Awesome for Paleo ‘Tex-Mex’ on The Myers Way or any grain-free diet.
Chicken Fajita Salad
Brianne Williams, RD, LD
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 Portobello mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Heat olive oil in medium-sized pan. Add yellow squash, zucchini, carrot, mushroom and onion to pan. Sauté until soft and mix in spices and lemon juice.
In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. When garlic is slightly brown add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip and cook fully through. Slice to desired size.
Top spinach with veggies, sliced chicken and sliced avocado.
-Eliminate mushrooms to enjoy on The Myers Way Candida Protocol.
– Can substitute chicken for beef or fish.
Want to learn more?
Take our Guide to the Gut and Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourses! These courses outline Dr. Myers’ method in diagnosing and treating gut infections in order to achieve optimal gut health. If headaches, seasonal allergies, and gastrointestinal issues (like IBS) have you looking for a solution, the basic protocol outlined in these eCourses will help to resolve those issues. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue, or candida overgrowth, these eCourses have a specialized protocol designed for you.
Our objective is to empower you to discover your personal food sensitivities and find the most effective ways to implement a dietary change into your unique lifestyle. You will discover the root cause of your symptoms and be able to self-treat at home with food and supplements. During the course, you will have access to a number of worksheets, shopping guides, and checklists that you can complete in the comfort of your home.
The Myers Way Guide to the Gut eCourse includes:
- 4 hours of information
- Guide to digestion
- Signs that you have a leaky gut
- Risk factors for leaky gut
- Personalized gut exam
- Symptom tracker
- 4R Program guidelines
- Gut-soothing recipes
You will learn about:
- Digestion and absorption
- The development and recommended treatment of leaky gut
- Testing and treatment of various gut infections
- Gut-healing supplements and foods
The Myers Way Comprehensive Elimination Diet eCourse includes:
- 25 worksheets
- 8 modules of information
- Symptom tracker to track your progress
- Specific diet protocols based on medical needs
- Unique shopping guides for each diet protocol
- Tips for following The Myers Way elimination diet on-the-go
- Personalized food sensitivity information card
- Easy-to-follow meal plans
- Interactive food diary
You will learn how to:
- Formulate a tailored eating plan for life to optimize your nutrition and your health
- Identify foods that are inflammatory triggers
- Achieve weight loss, better sleep, mental clarity, beautiful skin, high energy and youthfulness
- Improve common symptoms associated with chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases, IBS, blood sugar imbalances, migraines, chronic pain disorders, skin disorders and more