The Myers Way Episode 6: Everything You Need To Know About Gluten
Click the media player below to listen to the podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window
- What is Gluten?
- Why is there so much talk about Gluten today?
- Tell us a little about how the spectrum of intensity of gluten. What differences have you seen with your patients?
- What is leaky gut?
Symptoms of Celiac and Gluten Intolerance
- What are some of the major symptoms you have seen?
- What are the symptoms where it is essential to remove gluten?
Testing for Celiac and Gluten Intolerance
- How do we know where we fall on the spectrum of intensity?
- If we remove gluten for 3 weeks, and have problems when we reintroduce it, could this also because we have removed it for three weeks or more (our gut ecology changes), not because we have a problem with it?
- In podcast #2 about the Myer’s way, we talked about Leaky Gut and testing. You said that food sensitivity testing is accurate but When you test for food sensitivities and have leaky gut, foods that you eat often might show up, you have the example of spinach, when you create a person elimination diet, do you remove all the foods that have triggered a response?
Treatment of Celiac and Gluten Intolerance
- So if we discover we have an issue, what do we do next? How do we deal with this?
Gluten and Cross-Reactivity
- Let’s go deeper into the gluten question. Let’s say I have removed gluten, but I’m still experiencing symptoms, maybe after have dairy or coffee. What’s going on?
- What is cross-reactivity and how does it work?
- Most common cross-reactive foods?
- Now if you do have severe symptoms, have you had patients who needed to remove all those foods.
- Is there any rule of thumb for how long someone needs to remove these foods?
- So I’ve removed all these foods, how do I know if I am “healed” from leaky gut?
Hidden Sources of Gluten
- In your guide, you talk about the hidden sources of gluten. This is something that you really emphasize. Some of the examples you cite are shampoos, medications, play-dough, even stamps.
- Can these items really cause a reaction?
- How to stay gluten-free
- So you have decided to go gluten-free and are overwhelmed by the enormity of the task. Do you have any tips for beginners?
Please post below in the comments:
- How did you discover that you were gluten intolerant or have celiacs?
- Tell me the difference you have seen from going gluten-free?
Updated on: Published on: