Take a vital step on your journey to optimal health.

Functional Medicine Comprehensive Nutrition Panel

August 2nd, 2018

Functional Medicine Comprehensive Nutrition Panel

In this video, I go over the 27 page Functional Medicine Comprehensive Nutrition Panel lab that I use in my functional medicine clinic, Austin UltraHealth.  I use this test to help determine the root cause of illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, ADD, ADHD, anxiety, depression, autoimmune diseases, and more.

Whether you suffer from a chronic illness or just want to know your current state of health this is an awesome test to understand how functionally you are utilizing the nutrients you are putting into your body.

This lab tests for essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, detox pathways, mitochondrial dysfunction, energy pathways, B vitamins, antioxidants, and fat soluble vitamins.

7 Responses

1. lannyp says:

I hope I’m not sending this comment twice–forgive me if I am. Thank you so much, Dr. Amy–for sharing so cheerfully and freely. Such encouraging help. I’m curious to know if you’ve found that insurance will cover any of the cost of this test.

2. Amy Myers says:

It totally depends on your insurance. My office would be happy to give you the codes and you could check with your insurance. Just give my office a call.

3. lannyp says:

Thanks so much–I’ll call.

4. lena says:

it would be great to have possibility to download this 27 page test and print it. Knowing what to measure it’s first step to recognition of the problem. I have an impression that funcional medicine approach is completely unknown in Europe. My experience is 20 years of problems with autoimmune diseases: Graves – Basedow and later Hashimoto. GF, dairy free, grain free diet completely changed my life forever. I feel fantastic since I started to eliminate those foods (1 year). I would love to hear more about eggs, legumes and nightshades. Thank you for your information, videos and podcasts.

5. Edie says:

Hello, Dr. Myers:
    Can you write an article about Vitamin 12 Deficiency and its implications?
    I have a Vitamin B12 Deficiency, but none of the general practitioners that I went to complaining of my symptoms ever thought to test for Vitamin B12 levels. Also, the lab ranges for vitamin B12 are too wide and varied.
    I would appreciate it if you could give a more in-depth explanation of this nutritional deficiency and why it’s so overlooked by most GP’s.
    Thank you for writing such informative health articles. I have learned so much from you. Keep up the AWESOME work and also love all the podcasts that you do.
    ~ Regards,
    Edie

6. Cindy says:

Hello, Dr. Myers,
    I have an appt to see you in November, first available 8+ months out…Thank you for the hope you give us that are tired of traditional medicine and their meds. I have Hashimoto’s, have been gluten & dairy free, after cross reaction test I am corn and egg free. Antibodies have decreased over the last 2 years. Still have issues w/ energy, even after light weight training twice/wk and light cardio. After reading your book and viewing your videos, I need more info on your Functional Med Comprehensive Nutrition Panel. My son and grandson have ADD and would definitely benefit from the amino acid profile. I have never heard this explanation before but it does make alot of sense. When I look on Metametrix website, they do not list this test as above. Is it a combination of tests. Which tests would I need to order if I want to do this complete profile as you describe? Thank you for what you do!! Look forward to meeting you in the fall.
    Cindy