Holiday Treats for the Upcoming Season
Halloween is this weekend and there will be plenty of tempting holiday treats to go with your spooky festivities. The temptations won’t stop once the calendar turns to Nov. 1 and the Thanksgiving and holiday treats will be everywhere. Even if you’re following The Myers Way®, AIP, an elimination, or another diet, there’s no reason why you can’t join in the festivities! I’ve put together a shortlist of festive favorites that are sure to make your holiday a success!
Green Apple Gummies
Makes 18 gummies
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2 scoops Organic Greens
3 scoops The Myers Way ® Gelatin
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
4 drops liquid stevia
- In a saucepan, add apple juice, lemon juice, stevia, and gelatin. Let sit until gelatin has bloomed, about 2 minutes.
- Bring saucepan to a low heat and whisk until gelatin fully dissolves.
- Pour mixture into a high-speed blender with greens powder and coconut oil. Blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into 8×8 glass baking dish or silicone molds. Refrigerate until set.
Makes 24 gummies
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 3 scoops The Myers Way® Gelatin
- 1 scoop Organic Reds
- Place lemon juice and raspberries in a blender and blend on high until completely mixed. Pour into a saucepan.
- Add the honey, gelatin, and Organic Reds powder and whisk together. You will have a thick paste. Turn the heat on low and continue to whisk the mixture for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes thin and everything is smooth. Take off heat.
- Pour into silicone molds or a small baking dish. Set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- If you used a small baking dish, cut into bite sized squares. Otherwise, remove gummies from their molds and enjoy!
Updated on: Published on: