Peter D’Adamo is a naturopathic physician who is also an author, researcher-educator, Ivesian, amateur horologist, budding software developer, and air-cooled enthusiast. He is considered a world expert in glycobiology, principally the ABO (ABH) blood groups and the secretor (FUT2) polymorphisms. In 1996 Dr. D’Adamo wrote the NY Times Bestseller Eat Right For Your Type. Now, Dr. D’Adamo teaches Generative Medicine I-II and Introduction to Biochemical Individuality at the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine and supervises a specialized clinic shift in personalized medicine. He is the Director of the new University of Bridgeport Center of Excellence in Generative Medicine.
Click the media player below to listen to the podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
The Myers Way Episode 27: Eat Right for Your Blood Type with Dr. Peter D’Adamo
- Tell us about how you came up with the “Eat Right For Your Blood Type”?What is the theory based on?
- Can you tell us briefly about each type?
- Do you notice more specific disease with certain types such as cancer or autoimmune? Your website says B have more autoimmune – clinically I see O have more Autoimmune.
- O seem to do better on Paleo diet but notice many of things like eggs, Avocado and coconut not good for O – can you explain that a bit more?
- O don’t do well with wheat and gluten but says Ezekiel is ok. Can you tell us about that?
- What types of patients do you see in your clinic?
- Can you tell us some real life examples of some success stories?
- Do you use diet alone or are you using functional lab testing like stool testing?
- Can you explain about secretors?
- Tell us more about your book Change Your Genetic Destiny
- Where should someone start?
How can people connect with you – website, twitter, Facebook
Follow him on Facebook.
Follow him on Twitter @peterdadamo