The holidays are definitely a time to indulge in yummy desserts, but enjoying them while sticking to your dietary protocol is often a challenge. This year, it doesn’t have to be! Try this AIP & Paleo Pumpkin Roll with blood sugar controlling cinnamon for a holiday treat that will keep your loved ones happy, and won’t derail your dietary protocol. Find this, and over 40 other The Myers Way®-friendly recipes for the holidays in The Myers Way® Holiday Recipe eBook!
AIP & Paleo Pumpkin Roll
- 2 cups 480.00 ml pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml coconut oil
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml grass-fed gelatin powder
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml cinnamon
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp 3.70 ml nutmeg
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml baking soda
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml ginger
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, and coconut oil. Mix in all remaining cake ingredients, except gelatin powder.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder in a thin layer over wet ingredients and stir in quickly so that it doesn’t clump. Allow mixture to rest for about 15 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb moisture and the gelatin to activate.
- Place dough onto an 18x13 parchment lined baking sheet, spread thinly (dough should be 1/8 in. thick). Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool slightly, then place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine frosting ingredients. Once cake has cooled, spread on cake layer. Leave cake flat, or carefully roll into a jelly roll form.