Got Kelp? Try these delicious sea vegetable noodles in this Cabbage and Kelp Noodle Salad. Sea vegetables are high in iodine, an essential nutrient for thyroid function.
Cabbage and Kelp Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces 236.59 ml kelp noodles rinsed
- 1 chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml red cabbage sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml green cabbage sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 lb 113.50 g brussels sprouts chopped or shredded
- 1 carrot shredded into about 1/4 cup
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml sunflower seeds raw, hulled
- Toss noodles, chicken, cabbage, onion, Brussels sprouts and carrots together in medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Drizzle preferred amount over salad.
- Top with avocado slices and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.