This Chicken Fajita Salad captures all the taste of fajitas without the nightshades, corn, or flour! It’s a great option for paleo ‘Tex-Mex’ on The Myers Way® or any grain-free diet. Top with any salad dressing of your choice!
Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups 360.00 ml baby spinach
- 1 yellow squash sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 portobello mushroom sliced thinly
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml cumin
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml oregano
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 avocado sliced
- Heat olive oil in medium-sized pan. Add yellow squash, zucchini, carrot, mushroom, and onion to pan.
- Sauté until soft. Mix in spices and lemon juice.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. When garlic is slightly brown add chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then flip and cook fully through. Slice to desired size.
- Top spinach with veggies, sliced chicken, and sliced avocado.