Yes, you can still have decadent chocolate ice cream while following an AIP, Paleo, or elimination diet. This is one of my favorite dairy-free, Paleo chocolate ice cream recipes, and it only requires two ingredients to make! This Chocolate Banana Nice Cream is perfect at any time of day, and can be topped with any of your favorite AIP-approved toppings!
Cacao is rich in calcium, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, essential fatty acids, and contains more than 20 times the antioxidants found in blueberries. Not to mention, it tastes great too! The naturally occurring elements found in cacao can help to lower LDL cholesterol and reduce heart disease and cancer risk. Cacao also has a powerful effect on your emotions by raising serotonin levels, decreasing depression, and promoting relaxation and contentment.
Bananas are a great substitute to make creamy, silky ice cream without the additional dairy or sweeteners. Plus, they’re packed with tons of vitamins and nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B and C — so feel free to have a second helping!
How to Make Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
This Chocolate Banana Nice Cream is super easy to make. Simply freeze two bananas overnight before blending with the cacao powder in a high-speed blender. Once smooth, scoop into a bowl and top with your favorite AIP-approved toppings!
Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
- 2 banana frozen
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml fresh berries (optional)
- Break banana apart into 2 inch pieces. Freeze banana overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Once frozen, blend the banana with the cacao powder in a high speed-blender until smooth.
- Once smooth, use a spatula to scoop out the mix into a bowl.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour to harden, or serve immediately for a softer ice cream.
- Top with your favorite berries for some extra antioxidants!