I always enjoy cooking with seasonal ingredients! During the summertime, I find that farmers markets offer a beautiful selection of summer squash. They are a versatile vegetable that make a great substitute for pasta! This Creamy Summer Squash Pasta is a great dish to put on the table.
Creamy Summer Squash Pasta is an easy and flavorful meal to cook up as you follow The Myers Way®. You won’t miss out on any milk or cheese, because the coconut provides the creaminess to to the sauce!
Experiment with different herbs and spices to customize this dish to your taste!
Creamy Summer Squash Pasta
- 2 zucchini
- 2 summer sqaush
- 2 red onion thinly sliced into approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 1/3 cup 320.00 ml coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp 22.18 ml arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml basil or other herb of choice (fresh tarragon, parsley, etc.), chopped
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler or spiralizer, create noodles with squash. Bring a skillet to medium high heat and add oil. Sautée onions until softened. Add squash and zucchini noodles to skillet and sautée 4-6 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk and arrowroot starch. Add combination to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Add to pasta mixture and stir to coat.
- Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper. Let cook for 1 more minute then serve.