This Ground Lamb with Red Cabbage and Kale is my first attempt with lamb and I would definitely make it again! The recipe can easily be tailored to any meat preference while maintaining the flavor and nutrients from the rich vegetables and spices.
Ground Lamb with Red Cabbage and Kale
- 1 pound 454.00 g ground lamb
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cups 960.00 ml red cabbage approximately 1/2 head, sliced
- 1 cup 240.00 ml kale chopped
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml turmeric
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml coriander
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1 avocado diced
- Heat large pan with olive oil. Sauté onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add red cabbage and carrot and cook until cabbage is getting soft.
- Add kale and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Set vegetables aside in glass dish.
- In the same pan, add ground lamb. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add spices.
- When lamb is cooked all the way through add to veggie dish.
- Top with avocado and serve.