This Hearty Veggie Frittata is perfect for a big weekend brunch, or a filling family dinner. Add ground sausage for even more protein and flavor.
- 10 egg
- 1 sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 8 green onions approximately 4 stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 Tbsp 44.36 ml coconut oil
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- cinnamon or ground ginger, to taste (optional)
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, yellow onion, and grated sweet potato, and cook until tender.
- Add the diced green onions and saute together with the zucchini and sweet potatoes for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bow, whisk together the eggs.
- Spread the vegetable and sweet potato mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan, then pour the whisked eggs evenly on top. Season as desired.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until bubbly and the edges of the frittata appear to be almost cooked.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook under the broiler on low until the frittata is cooked all the way through (time depends on the oven, but usually no longer than 4-5 minutes).