Yes, you can still satisfy your sushi cravings on a keto diet. That’s because you won’t find any rice in this roll; only crisp and crunchy carrot, cucumber, and seaweed paired with fresh salmon sashimi and avocado.
This easy and delicious keto sushi recipe has a whole host of health benefits, all rolled up and ready to dip.
Seaweed is a great source of fiber, which is known to promote gut health and aid in digestion…and that’s only the wrapping! Inside, you’ll find thin slices of vitamin B-rich salmon sashimi, which can help reduce inflammation and support cardiovascular health. Add a delicious superfood such as avocado, and you’re ready to roll!
- 8 oz 236.59 ml Sushi-grade salmon sashimi thinly sliced (smoked salmon works as well)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and julienned
- 1/2 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 packages Seaweed snacks about 20 sheets
Soy Sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml Coconut aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp 7.39 ml gluten-free fish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp 7.39 ml sauerkraut juice
- Lay out one sheet of seaweed, and dampen one edge slightly with water.
- Lay a small slice of salmon on the opposite side of the seaweed.
- Top the salmon with julienned cucumber, carrot, and avocado.
- Starting from the salmon edge, roll the seaweed tightly to the damp edge. Let sit for a moment for the edges to seal and the seaweed to soften a bit.
- Combine Soy-Free Soy Sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Dip the sushi rolls into the sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately.