There are so many exciting ways to get creative with root veggies. Enjoy this recipe as a side dish or as a spread under your main protein.
Mashed Parsnips with Sea Salt and Sage
- 4 parsnip chopped (approximately 3 cups)
- 6 carrot chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml green onions chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped into about 1/3 cup
- 3 cups 720.00 ml bone broth
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml coconut milk unsweetened
- 5 sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- Combine chopped parsnips, carrots, garlic, celery, onion, and green onion in a large pot with bone broth. Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes, then drain.
- Add cooked vegetables to blender or food processor with coconut milk, sage leaves, salt, and pepper. Blend until it is a creamy, mashed potato-like consistency. Serve and enjoy!