These recipes are staples and couldn’t be easier to prepare! Roasting an entire chicken saves time throughout the week and the leftovers can be used to make bone broth to help heal your gut.
Quick and Easy Roasted Chicken & Gut Healing Bone Broth
- 1 whole chicken giblets removed
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp 0.62 ml sea salt
- 1/8 tsp 0.62 ml ground black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml bone broth (optional)
Gut-Healing Bone Broth
- leftover chicken bones
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups 1920.00 ml water
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a clean surface, cut slits in the skin of your chicken and press in garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and rub over chicken. Insert lemon slices inside chicken cavity.
- Put chicken in baking dish. Pour broth and vinegar in bottom of dish.
- Cook for about 1 ½ hours until the chicken is cooked through and has reached 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from oven and let cool.
- After meat is removed, place the leftover chicken bones into a slow-cooker.
- Add garlic, apple cider vinegar, water, and salt.
- Cook on low for 24 hours.
- Remove bones and discard. Strain broth to remove any leftover particles.
- Store in jars in fridge or freezer.