Savory Party Mix
June 19th, 2019
New Year’s is just around the corner and that means so are New Year’s Eve parties! This nut- and seed-free Savory Party Mix is an amazing combination of savory and sweet that’s perfect for sharing with all your friends and family! Plus, it’s great for those dealing with gut infections such as Candida, SIBO, and parasites!
Not only is this recipe full of gut-friendly ingredients, it also contains traditional southern New Year’s ingredients! Pork is considered one of the luckiest foods to eat on New Year’s Day because pigs represent prosperity and forward movement. This is due to their their round bodies and the way they root forward with their noses.1 I also added kale to represent the green color of paper money. These are two of these most popular ingredients to include in meals on New Year’s day because of how “lucky” they are.
This New Year’s recipe brings you good luck and good health! It has a ton of beneficial nutrients including fiber and healthy fats, and creates a delicious snack mix to kick off the New Year with a healthy gut.
Savory Protein Trail Mix
- 6 pieces nitrate-free bacon turkey or pork
- 2 cups salted pork cracklings (unflavored for AIP)
- 2 cups plain kale chips (or nut-free flavor with approved ingredients)
- 1 cup tigernuts
- 1 cup plantain chips
- 1 cup dehydrated unsweetened beet chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips salted or plain
- <a href="https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/ingredients/slideshow/foods-to-bring-good-luck-new-year">https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/ingredients/slideshow/foods-to-bring-good-luck-new-year</a>