As I like to say, to achieve optimal health you should aim to ‘eat the rainbow’, which makes this Sesame Chicken Mandarin Salad the perfect The Myers Way® approved meal!
My Sesame Chicken Mandarin Salad is simply bursting with reds, oranges, purples, and greens, so you know you’re getting the widest array of antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients to support vibrant health! The combination of fiber-rich veggies and fruits, filling protein, and healthy fats will keep you satisfied, energized, and well-nourished!
Don’t have any chicken on hand? Swap it out for cooked salmon filets or slices of grass-fed beef. You can even make the dressing ahead of time to have ready for an easy weekday lunch! Enjoy!
Sesame Chicken Mandarin Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce or butter lettuce, chopped into approximately 6 cups
- 1 cup 240.00 ml red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 8 Tbsp 118.30 ml green onions approximately 4 stalks, sliced
- 2 carrot shredded into about 1/2 cup
- 2 mandarin oranges segmented
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml Avocado oil
- 1/2 lb 227.00 g chicken thigh
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp 7.39 ml honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 6 Tbsp 88.72 ml sesame oil toasted
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cabbage, red and green onions, carrots, and mandarin oranges.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook in skillet for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, garlic, and sesame oil. Pour over salad and toss. Top with chicken and sliced avocado.