Looking for an ice cream fix without all the dairy and eggs? Look no further. This Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream is the perfect treat!
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 2 cups 480.00 ml pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 quart 946.00 ml water
- 2 cups 480.00 ml coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cup 360.00 ml almond milk (if you are following the Autoimmune Protocol, replace this ingredient with another can of coconut milk)
- 2 cups 480.00 ml pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml vanilla extract
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground ginger
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- Store canned coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to allow it to thicken.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a small pot. Once water reaches a rolling boil, remove it from heat.
- Let dates soak in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain dates and place them in a blender with all the other ingredients.
- Process mixture in ice cream maker and store in freezer. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can freeze mixture immediately, removing it from the freezer and quickly whisking it every 20 minutes until frozen.
- Note: This ice cream hardens very quickly in the freezer. When you're ready to enjoy it, just remove it from the freezer and let it thaw out for about 20 minutes before serving.