Looking to satisfy that pizza craving while sticking to The Myers Way® protocol? Give this meatza pie a try for a delicious and creative twist on a classic favorite!
Eating high-quality red meat, in moderation, can be a key component of a healthy diet. Grass-fed bison and beef are a good source of iron, zinc, niacin, selenium, and vitamin B6. Selenium works as an antioxidant, fighting against free-radical damage. Zinc boosts the immune system, and is also a key nutrient in healing the gut. Iron is a critical mineral needed by the body to carry oxygen from the lungs to all tissues. And, all three are essential nutrients for thyroid health!
Vegetable Meatza Pie with Pesto Sauce
- 1 lb 454.00 g ground bison
- 1 lb 454.00 g ground beef
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml garlic powder
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml oregano
- 2 tsp NaN ml basil
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml thyme
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml parsley
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 8 oz 236.59 ml mushrooms about 1/2 a container, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- Tuscan Kale Pesto to taste
- carrot or other veggie of choice, optional: broccoli or cauliflower florets, mushrooms (if not following the Candida Protocol)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place meat in large mixing bowl with garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, sea salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture on a large baking sheet - make one large ‘pizza’ crust sized shape or two medium shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread dino kale pesto over meatza pie 'crust'.
- Top with meatza toppings.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp and meat is fully cooked - about 15-20 minutes.