The traditional Italian Cannoli is a delectable dessert. Unfortunately, cannolis are made with two inflammatory foods: dairy and gluten. While experimenting in my kitchen to recreate a dairy free and gluten free version of these classic Italian delights, I discovered a unique variation– Cannoli-Filled Strawberries! These healthy alternatives combine the flavors and creaminess of the classic cannoli but add a sweetness with the fresh strawberries. It’s the perfect protein-packed treat that takes less than 20 minutes to make.
My cannoli filling features five simple ingredients: The Myers Way® Vanilla Bean Paleo Protein, coconut yogurt, coconut butter, almond extract, and lemon juice. The Myers Way® Vanilla Bean Paleo Protein is gluten, dairy, and sugar free, and is sourced from non-GMO, hormone and antibiotic free, grass-fed beef. This protein powder includes 21 grams per serving and is an excellent source of essential and collagen specific amino acids.
Coconut butter is a creamy spread made from pureed coconut flesh. It’s a great additive to thicken recipes without using gluten-based ingredients. Coconut butter is nutrient-rich, includes healthy fats, contains antioxidants such as vitamin E, and may support weight management due to MCTs potentially increasing fullness and boosting metabolism.
Who knew a sweet treat could be packed with this many powerful benefits? Not to mention, strawberries are an antioxidant powerhouse and rich in vitamins A and C. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a sweet indulgence, these strawberry cannolis are sure to become a favorite. Once you make these delicious strawberry cannolis, you won’t be able to have just one!
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml plain coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml almond extract
- 4 drops lemon juice
- 1 scoop The Myers Way® Vanilla Bean Paleo Protein
- 1 dozen strawberries cut topcs
- 1/8 cup 30.00 ml Hu chocolate chips
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Cut bottoms off so they stand upright.
- Cut tops off and carve out the middle.
- In a bowl, combine coconut butter, coconut yogurt, almond extract, and lemon juice together.
- Add 1 scoop of The Myers Way® Vanilla Paleo Protein and fold into mixture.
- Fill each strawberry with a 1/2 Tbsp of the cannoli filling.
- Top each strawberry with a few Hu chocolate chips.