We are trying out a low FODMAPS diet in our house. That means skipping the coconut milk, onions, and garlic for now, which is a huge change for us but inspired this amazing soup. Enjoy!
Carrot and Ginger Soup with Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml coconut oil
- 15 carrot peeled and chopped into about 5 cups
- 1 butternut squash chopped
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml ginger peeled and chopped
- 8 cups 1920.00 ml bone broth
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp 7.39 ml sea salt
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 7 fresh sage leaves
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil and saute carrots and butternut squash with ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add bone broth and bring to a boil. Let broth reduce, uncovered at a boil for about 30 minutes until carrots and squash are soft.
- Remove from heat, add apple cider vinegar, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, black pepper, and sage leaves.
- Using an immersion blender, blend ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender transfer soup into a standing blender in batches and blend until smooth. Serve hot.