Cold weather got you down? I’ve got the perfect recipe to warm you right up–my Coconut Curry Soup!
This Indian-inspired dish is bursting with flavor and exotic spices that offer immune-supportive benefits to help fend off seasonal illness!
Made with bone broth for the added benefit of promoting optimal gut health, my Coconut Curry Soup is the perfect way to nourish your entire system from the inside out.
Plus, the natural collagen in the broth and carotenoids in the veggies will give dull winter skin a healthy glow! Enjoy!
Coconut Curry Soup
- 10 cups 2400.00 ml cauliflower about 2 heads (or 6 cups cauliflower rice)
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml Avocado oil divided
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml ginger peeled and minced
- 3 carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 cups 480.00 ml broccoli about 1 head, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp 7.39 ml turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp 7.39 ml cumin
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml coriander
- 2 cups 480.00 ml water
- 2 cups 480.00 ml full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups 960.00 ml bone broth
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup 240.00 ml cilantro chopped, divided
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml MCT oil
- Rinse cauliflower and break apart into florets. Place into food processor with S blade and process until cauliflower begins to resemble rice. Repeat until all cauliflower has been processed. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until soft. Add remaining vegetables and cook until slightly softened.
- Add seasonings, water, MCT oil, and bone broth to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings, coconut milk, and bone broth to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- While curry simmers, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add cauliflower rice and saute until softened. Remove from skillet and place in a large bowl.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in lime juice and ½ cup cilantro. Add more seasonings, lime juice, and/or salt and pepper to taste. Divide soup into bowls. Serve with cauliflower rice and top with remaining cilantro and sliced lime.