Sensitive to dairy? No need to miss out on yogurt! Just make your own dairy-free Coconut Milk Yogurt.
Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Refrigerate canned coconut milk overnight to allow milk to thicken.
- Once coconut cream has risen to the top, spoon the cream into a small bowl. If you prefer your yogurt to be a little runny, then use the clear liquid at the bottom of the can. If you prefer very thick yogurt, you may want to use just the coconut cream from 2 cans, discarding the clear liquid or saving it for a smoothie.
- Empty the contents of one probiotic capsules into the coconut milk and whisk together. If using tapioca starch to thicken the yogurt, add to coconut milk mixture and whisk together again.
- Pour contents into a resealable glass jar and seal the lid. Place the jar in the oven, and allow the coconut milk to incubate while the oven remains off (the temperature will be warm enough to incubate the yogurt cultures).
- Allow jar to sit in oven for about 18-24 hours, and then place in refrigerator to halt the incubating process. The flavor of the yogurt is directly related with the time it spends incubating, so if you want a tangier and tart flavor, let your yogurt incubate longer. If you dislike tart yogurt, then place yogurt in the fridge after 18-24 hours.
- Allow yogurt to cool in fridge for about 5 hours, and stir in The Myers Way Paleo protein for added protein, if desired.
- Season to taste with other flavors of your choosing, and enjoy!