Tired of using the same herbs and spices for every dish? Add some variety with this Dairy-Free Pesto.
- 2 cups 480.00 ml basil leaves stems removed, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml raw pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Place basil, nuts, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the mixture with intermittent pulses.
- Process the mixture until it resembles a smooth paste, and add enough olive oil to make it spreadable. Add sea salt to taste. Store in the refrigerator in a small glass jar or glass bowl.
- Mince garlic, nuts, and basil by hand.
- Press your finely ground ingredients into a cake-like circle.
- Place in a small jar or bowl and pour olive oil and lemon juice over the mixture.
- Add sea salt to taste, and store in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy, simply stir in the olive oil and dive in!