This easy balsamic roasted chicken recipe yields an incredibly tender, juicy main dish that offers muscle-supporting protein and tons of flavor. It’s the perfect addition to a salad or rice bowl, and pairs beautifully alongside potatoes and roasted veggies.
What’s Special About This Easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken Recipe?
When I say my whole family loves this Easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken, I mean it.
My husband and daughter always enjoy this dish, which makes a regular appearance on the dinner rotation in our home. I love it not only because of its delicious flavor, but because it’s one of those meals that tastes like it took forever to make— but only takes about 10 minutes of prep time to come together!
There’s nothing bland about it. This dish is smokey, herby, tender, and satisfying. Now let’s get into how it’s made.
How to Make Easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken
Mixing the marinade is truly the most difficult part of this recipe—and it comes together in under 10 minutes.
Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees F and patting your chicken breasts dry. Set them aside while you prep the marinade.
For the marinade, start by prepping your fresh ingredients. Mince the garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh rosemary.
Zest the lemon, and then juice it into a bowl. Into the same bowl, you’ll add your minced garlic, minced fresh herbs, and seasonings including smoked sea salt, oregano, and paprika (or substitute with Coconut Aminos for AIP compliance). The combination of fresh herbs and these particular dry seasonings gives this easy balsamic roasted chicken an herby, smokey profile unlike the flavor of standard balsamic chicken recipes.
Finally, add your honey and mix the marinade. Honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to cut through the acidity of the balsamic vinegar and lemon. The final marinade is a beautifully complex and balanced liquid that will both flavor and tenderize the chicken breasts.
Let the chicken breasts sit for 20-30 minutes while you prep your sides. Once the time is up, place the chicken breasts into a roasting pan with sides and pour the remaining marinade over the top.
The “hardest” part is done. Now, let the oven do the rest of the work for you. Simply place the pan into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
Make sure to let your chicken rest outside of the pan on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing. This allows all the wonderful juices to redistribute through the chicken breast instead of pouring out onto your place.
My family loves this easy balsamic roasted chicken. It’s simple enough for a quick, weeknight meal served over top of salad greens, and is the perfect main dish served with roasted potatoes and root vegetables.
Easy Balsamic Roasted Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs 681.00 g chicken breast
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml vinegar balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp 44.36 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml thyme freshly minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves removed and minced
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml smoked sea salt
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml smoked sweet paprika *Not AIP compliant, substitute with Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and set aside.
- Prepare fresh ingredients by mincing garlic and fresh herbs. Zest the lemon.
- Juice the lemon into a bowl and add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, minced garlic, minced rosemary and thyme, smoked sea salt, oregano, paprika (or coconut aminos), and honey. Mix to combine.
- Add the chicken into the bowl and let it marinate for 20 - 30 minutes.
- After the chicken marinades, place chicken breasts into a roasting pan with sides. Ensure each breast has some space and is not too crowded. Pour half of the remaining chicken marinade over the chicken breasts.
- Roast uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!