This fresh and crunchy Fish “Taco” Bowl is a delicious way to enjoy Mexican food while following The Myers Way®. Top fresh, flaky salmon with light and tangy mango and avocado to create a dish that excites your taste buds with every bite. Because each ingredient is packed with essential vitamins and minerals (two of which are superfoods), you’re getting optimal nutrition from this light and colorful meal.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which support brain health and enhance B cell activation and antibody production. These essential fatty acids support a healthy inflammatory response and immune system function to pathogens. I recommend wild-caught salmon because they eat a natural, healthy diet of insects, plankton, and other fish their entire lives. This keeps them lean and packed with antioxidants. Not only does their diet affect the quality of nutrients, you can taste the difference too!
Mango Avocado Salsa
In addition to containing optimal amounts of filling and satisfying dietary fiber, avocados are a great source of copper, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, vitamin K, and monounsaturated fatty acids. These essential nutrients promote cardiovascular health by lowering the “bad” LDL cholesterol.
While mango contains a little more sugar than other fruits, it’s full of fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and slows down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream. Mango is known to promote healthy digestion, and is high in copper, folate, and vitamin C to support healthy hair, skin, and nails. They’re a soft and delicious fruit that you can be sure will contribute to your health.
How to Make Fish “Taco” Bowl with Mango Avocado Salsa
Mango’s tanginess and avocado’s richness pair wonderfully with salmon for the ultimate harmony of flavors. Simply cover the red and green cabbage with cooked salmon and top with fresh mango and avocado to enjoy this incredible dish.
This Fish “Taco” Bowl will look beautiful, taste amazing, and provide all the nutritious benefits your body deserves.
Fish “Taco” Bowl with Mango Avocado Salsa
For the Salsa
- 1 mango diced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 red onion minced into approximately 1 1/2 Tbsp's worth
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml cilantro minced
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml lemon juice
For the "Taco" Bowl
- 1 cup 240.00 ml green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup 240.00 ml red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb 227.00 g salmon
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml coconut butter
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- Combine all salsa ingredients. Set aside, allowing to marinate.
- Coat salmon with melted coconut butter and sea salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook salmon until golden brown on one side -- about 4 minutes. Then, turn it over and continue to cook until it feels firm to the touch -- about 3 minutes.
- Place salmon on top of sliced cabbage and top with mango avocado salsa.