Jazz up your meal with this healthy, dairy-free, and low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. This garlic and herb cauliflower ‘mashed potato’ recipe is full of flavor and gut healing properties!
Cauliflower is packed with vitamins and nutrients that support cancer prevention, heart health, and brain power. The glucosinolates in cauliflower help detoxify the body and also create sulforaphane which, among other benefits, protects the stomach lining and prevents bacterial overgrowth. Cauliflower is rich in anti-inflammatory nutrients, including vitamin K and omega-3. It is an excellent source of choline, a B vitamin that assists in brain development and memory.
Garlic and Herb Cauliflower ‘Mashed Potatoes’
- 5 cups 1200.00 ml cauliflower about 1 head
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml coconut oil
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until soft- about 10 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Warm 1 tbsp coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped onion, minced garlic, thyme and rosemary until onions are translucent. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower into high-speed blender or food processor. Add sautéed onion, garlic and herb mixture. Process until smooth.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve warm.