Have you heard of Japanese sweet potatoes? This variety of sweet potato is purple on the outside, white on the inside, and slightly less sweet than orange sweet potatoes. Best of all, they are AIP compliant!
These Japanese Sweet Potato Fries are chock full of vitamin A and potassium, and are perfect for a summer barbecue–just add burgers!
Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 japanese sweet potatoes diced or sliced into ½ inch fries
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml Avocado oil
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground black pepper
- garlic powder or seasoning of choice: onion powder, cumin, fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato in avocado oil. Season with salt, pepper, and additional seasonings of choice. Place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half-way through.