Marinating your chicken or fish before it’s cooked results in a juicy and tender main dish. This Lemon Turmeric Marinade has the perfect acidic quality to tenderize and marinate proteins, breaking down tissues so more moisture is absorbed. And lemon isn’t the only zippy ingredient this recipe has under its belt…
A few unique Moroccan flavors are brought to the table without any of the inflammatory spices. Garlic, onion, turmeric, and black pepper are versatile and aromatic seasonings you’ll love with the sharp tang of lemon juice, and the rich texture of avocado oil. Your favorite proteins will soak up these amazing flavors, so that you can put a succulent, healthy dish on the table.
Add an authentic Moroccan twist to this marinade with ginger and cinnamon. The zesty, AIP additions take this recipe to the next level.
Your Lemon Turmeric Marinade will also be a delicious dressing for salads, and a tangy sauce for lettuce wraps! Stock up on these ingredients, because this recipe never disappoints!
Lemon Turmeric Marinade
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml lemon juice
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml Avocado oil
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml onion powder
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml ground turmeric
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until combined. Store in refrigerator until used as a marinade for chicken. This recipe can also be used as a dressing for salads.