When I think of Father’s Day, I always think of burgers. That’s because my father (aka The Fast Man) was an incredible cook who was known for his perfectly grilled hamburgers. This is my adaptation of his burgers (you can find this recipe under “The Perfect Fast Man Burgers” in The Autoimmune Solution Cookbook)!
Although I give instructions for cooking the burgers in a grill pan, feel free to use an outdoor grill, which is how my dad always made them.
Happy Father’s Day!
The Perfect Father’s Day Burgers
- 1 lb 454.00 g ground beef
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml bone broth
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml onion powder
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml thyme
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1 avocado sliced
- Place all burger ingredients in a bowl. Using clean hands, mix together well. Shape into four patties.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over high heat. Grill the burgers on one side for 4 to 6 minutes. Turn the burgers and grill on the other side for about 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Serve with toppings of your choice.
- Top with sliced avocado.