Pho is a traditional Vietnamese soup dish that is absolutely packed with nutrient-dense foods, and with an Instant Pot, it’s super simple to whip up even on a busy weeknight!
My Quick and Easy Instant Pot Zoodle Pho is an excellent source of gut-repairing bone broth, aromatics, and veggies, and uses spiralized zucchini in place of the typical rice noodles for an extra boost of potassium and Vitamin C!
This pho can be adapted based on your tastes and whatever veggies or herbs you have on hand (try it with fresh mint!). Swap out the bone broth for vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. Alternatively, you can add leftover chicken or beef to boost the protein! Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Zoodle Pho
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml Avocado oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground coriander
- 2 yellow onion quartered
- 3 inches 7.62 cm ginger root cut in half
- 6 cups 1440.00 ml bone broth
- 2 cups 480.00 ml water filtered
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml Coconut aminos
- 6 carrot chopped
- 3 zucchini spiralized
- 3/4 cups 180.00 ml cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 lime quartered
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Once warm, add cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and coriander and saute until fragrant.
- Add onions, ginger, bone broth, water, and coconut aminos. Close the Instant Pot and set to Soup/Broth. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- While soup cooks, heat 1 inch of water in a saucepan to a boil. Add carrots to a steamer basket over boiling water and cook until tender. Set aside.
- Once soup is done, let naturally release for 10 minutes before pressing quick valve. Strain soup through a fine sieve. Discard solids (optionally, remove onion and slice up to put in the pho).
- Divide carrots and zucchini spirals into bowls and add broth. Top with cilantro, Thai basil, and lime if desired!