This Strawberry Pineapple Refresher is one of my favorite cold beverages to sip as the weather warms up. The base is homemade pineapple juice, which is naturally sweet and doesn’t contain added sugars or preservatives. Added to the mix are other fresh favorites from chopped strawberries, muddled mint, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a small amount of honey (optional).
The secret ingredient in this refresher is Leaky Gut Revive® Strawberry Lemonade. This physician-formulated formula is an excellent source of L-Glutamine to nourish gut health and includes other ingredients tailored specifically for a healthy microbiome.
Simply add ice to the mix, and you have an ice-cold beverage sure to please your taste buds on a warm spring day.
The Power of Leaky Gut Revive
Leaky Gut Revive® is my No. 1 tool to repair a leaky gut. I formulated Strawberry Lemonade Leaky Gut Revive® after working with thousands of patients with leaky gut. The delicious Strawberry Lemonade Leaky Gut Revive® is versatile and was the perfect addition to this Strawberry Pineapple Refresher.
Strawberry Lemonade Leaky Gut Revive® is an excellent source of L-Glutamine to nourish your gut cells. L-Glutamine is an amino acid that is not only involved in your immune system, it also has a specific role in helping to build your gut lining. Anyone who is concerned about autoimmunity, food sensitivities, and inflammation, should be paying attention to L-Glutamine to help keep potentially allergenic and inflammatory proteins from entering your bloodstream where they can trigger an immune response.
No other supplement combines these ingredients in this physician-designed formulation to enhance your gut lining and support your immune function.
How to Make Strawberry Pineapple Refresher
Making this Strawberry Pineapple Refresher is unbelievably simple with just a few ingredients and only a couple minutes of prep time involved.
First, start by cutting your pineapple. Remove the top and bottom and then trim the sides to reveal the flesh. Cut the pineapple from its core. You’ll only use a portion of the pineapple for this recipe, so you can refrigerate the rest in an airtight container for another use.
Add the pineapple and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You’ll then use a fine sieve or cheesecloth to separate the pulp from its juices into a bowl. At this point, it’s hard not to drink as-is— but I promise it gets even better and is worth the wait!
Pour a cup of the pineapple juice into a glass. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to mash and release the delicious mint flavor into your beverage. Add in a scoop of Leaky Gut Revive (strawberry lemonade flavor), chopped strawberry, and a squeeze of lemon. The drink is plenty sweet without, but feel free to add a bit of honey if you like extra sweet drinks.
The end result is a bright, refreshing beverage that I can’t wait for you to try.
Strawberry Pineapple Refresher
- 1 cup 240.00 ml pineapple juice
- 1 strawberry chopped
- 1 cup 240.00 ml water can use unsweetened sparkling water
- 3 mint leaves muddled
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 scoop Strawberry Lemonade Leaky Gut Revive®
- 1 tbsp 14.79 ml raw honey optional
- 4 ice cubes
- Cut the pineapple, separating the flesh from the peel and core. Mix 1/3 of the pineapple flesh with 1 cup of water in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place a fine sieve or cheesecloth over a bowl or cup. Pour the pineapple mixture into the sieve or cheesecloth, catching the pulp and allowing the juices to go through. Use the back of a wooden spoon to push the juices down, if necessary.
- Place mint leaves in the glass and mash on the bottom with a muddler or wooden spoon.
- Pour pineapple juice, scoop of Strawberry Lemonade Leaky Gut Revive, mint leaves,, honey and lemon juice into a glass.
- Mix together, add ice, and enjoy!