I can’t get enough of these simple yet delicious healthy sandwich alternatives! The combination of spices in this recipe makes for a great dairy-free alternative to the traditional chicken salad. Instead of lettuce, you could wrap the chicken salad in a grain-free, protocol-approved tortilla. However, I prefer the lettuce for an added crunch and the extra nutrients.
Avocados are a rich source of vitamins A, C, B6, E and B5, as well as folate and potassium. They are loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation. Garlic contains a component called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties including boosting the immune system, reducing blood pressure, and lowering LDL cholesterol. The lemon in this recipe gives you a punch of vitamin C making it a great Myers Way approved meal to decrease inflammation and support your immune system.
Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps
- 6 chicken breast approximately 1.5 lbs, chopped
- 1 avocado large
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml cilantro chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml green onions approximately 1 stalk, diced
- 8 Boston Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, sea salt, and garlic until smooth.
- Stir in chicken and diced green onions. Add additional pinch of sea salt, to taste.
- Portion the avocado chicken salad mixture into individual lettuce leaves and serve.