This Valentine’s Day, show your gut some love with this gluten-free Chocolate Tart. This recipe incorporates a creamy, chocolate flavor into every step, and packs an added punch of protein with my Double Chocolate Paleo Protein Powder. The cocoa powder crust and smooth dark chocolate filling are made to satisfy even the most serious chocoholic. No matter how you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, this dessert will make sure it ends on a sweet note.
For the Crust
- 2 cups 480.00 ml Cassava flour
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 scoop The Myers Way® Double Chocolate Paleo Protein
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml maple syrup
For the Chocolate Filling
- 1 1/2 cups 360.00 ml coconut milk
- 2 3/4 cups 660.00 ml dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml sea salt
- flaked sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cassava flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, and sea salt in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the dry ingredients and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Grease an 11” tart pan with coconut oil or palm shortening, and press the dough into the pan. You can use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to make the base of the crust flat and smooth.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes, and remove from the oven to cool.
- While the crust is baking, heat the coconut milk over medium heat on the stovetop until simmering. You’ll want to whisk or blend the coconut milk prior to heating so it is very smooth.
- Add the dark chocolate chunks to a bowl and carefully pour the coconut milk over top the chocolate.
- Let sit for about 30 seconds for the chocolate chunks to melt, then stir together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and sea salt to the chocolate mixture and stir.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until the chocolate filling is firm.
- Remove from the fridge and sprinkle with flake sea salt. Cut into slices and serve.