Crockpot Tom Kha (Thai Coconut Soup)
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 inches 7.62 cm ginger root minced
- 3 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml turmeric
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground black pepper
- 3 cups 720.00 ml coconut milk unsweetened
- 1.5 cups 360.00 ml bone broth
- 3 Tbsp 44.36 ml Coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml gluten-free fish sauce
- lime juice from 2 limes
- lime zest from 1 lime
- 2 lime leaves
- 9 inches 22.86 cm lemongrass or 1 stalk cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 cup 240.00 ml mushrooms sliced
- cilantro to taste
- Heat large soup pot with coconut oil. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add remaining ingredients besides mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms to pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put cooked onions, garlic and ginger into bottom of crockpot, then add all remaining ingredients, besides mushrooms.
- Cook on high for 4 hours and add mushrooms the last 30 minutes of cooking or before serving. Garnish with cilantro.