I often like to cook a butternut squash over the weekend so I have some on hand for recipes like this one. This homemade Dino Kale Pesto is a great source of the thyroid-supporting nutrients selenium and zinc–use it as a quick and tasty addition to any protein or salad, or as a veggie dip!
Dino Kale Pesto
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml coconut oil or animal fat
- 2 cups 480.00 ml dinosaur kale tightly packed
- 1 cup 240.00 ml spinach loosely packed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml pumpkin seed butter (eliminate on The Autoimmune Solution Protocol)
- 1 brazil nut (eliminate on The Autoimmune Solution Protocol)
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1/4 butternut squash about 1/4 cup, cooked
- Heat animal fat in pan over medium-heat. Add kale, spinach, and garlic.
- Cook to soften, then transfer to blender or food processor.
- Add basil, oil, lemon juice, pumpkin seed butter, brazil nut, salt, and squash. Blend until smooth.