Everyday Breakfast Sausage is another Paleo breakfast option that is egg-free and a true staple on The Myers Way®. The flavors blend best if the ingredients can sit together overnight so plan ahead. I like to make a lot of patties at one time and enjoy for the entire week for breakfast or a late morning snack with avocado. Double recipe if desired.
Everyday Breakfast Sausage
- 2 lbs 908.00 g ground beef or other ground meat of choice
- 2 lbs 908.00 g ground turkey
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp 7.39 ml sea salt
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml fresh sage chopped
- 4 Tbsp 59.15 ml coconut oil divided
- 1 avocado sliced
- Combine all ingredients except coconut oil in a large bowl. Using your hand, mix ingredients together. Cover and store in fridge overnight if time allows.
- When you are ready to cook patties, shape the mixture into 8-10 balls, then press between your palms to form into patties.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place 4 patties in heated pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until fully cooked through.
- Cook remaining patties. Save leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
- Serve with sliced avocado.