Celebrate Father’s Day this weekend a with a juicy grass-fed steak over a delicious mix of veggies! Try this easy-to-follow recipe for a heart healthy, and delicious steak meal.
Grass-fed beef is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which play a large role in reducing the risk of cancer and help to fight off omega-6 fatty acids that interfere with thyroid function. CLA is another important fatty-acid found in grass-fed beef that is known to assist in fat loss. It’s also rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, which protect the body from oxidative stress that typically causes inflammation and degeneration of tissue.
Grass-Fed Filet Over Lemon Zest Veggies
- 8 ounces 236.59 ml grass-fed filet mignon two 4-oz filets
- 1 zucchini chopped to 1 inch cudes
- 1/2 lb 227.00 g asparagus chopped to 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp 44.36 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml parsley
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Season the filet mignon with salt and pepper on both sides and allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add asparagus to the pan and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium for 10 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Zest lemon then set aside.
- Mix well or blend parsley, ½ tbsp lemon, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat. Lightly place the filets in the olive oil and sear for approximately two minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Immediately move the skillet to the oven and cook for two to three minutes for rare, four to five minutes for medium cooked steak (transfer to cookie sheet before placing the filets in the oven if you are not using an oven safe skillet).
- Remove the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix in lemon zest with cooked veggies. Serve steak over veggies, once the filets have cooled. Drizzle parsley and lemon mix over the filets and enjoy!