This Paleo Shrimp Scampi is an easy way to enjoy a classic seafood dish without all the gluten or carbohydrates from pasta. This recipe is a great meal option for those who prefer meals that are low in carbohydrates.
Paleo Shrimp Scampi
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp 59.15 ml coconut oil
- 1 lb 454.00 g jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb 340.50 g jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 chili pepper sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- If using an oven, preheat to 375 degrees F. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and place face-down on a baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until squash is soft enough to pierce with a fork. Let cool for 15 minutes while you prepare the shrimp.
- If using a microwave, place the spaghetti squash halves face-down in a large microwave safe container, and add about 1 inch of water to the pan. Cook in microwave for about 12 minutes, or until squash is soft enough to pierce with a fork. Let cool for 15 minutes while you prepare the shrimp.
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté over medium heat, stirring and turning shrimp frequently. Cook for about 5 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add chili peppers, parsley, lemon juice, and salt, and stir well. Remove pan from heat.
- Scrape spaghetti strands out of the squash, once it is cool enough to handle and top with sautéed shrimp.