This Parsnip & Cauliflower Soup is a great way to incorporate gut-healing bone broth and detox-supporting veggies into your diet!
As part of the cruciferous vegetable family, cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants and can stimulate the production of glutathione, your body’s chief detoxifier. Cooking the cauliflower makes it a great option for supporting your thyroid!
Detox-Supporting Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup
- 5 cups 1200.00 ml cauliflower about 1 head, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole leek chopped
- 2 parsnip peeled and chopped
- 5 cups 1200.00 ml bone broth
- 1 cup 240.00 ml full fat coconut milk
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/8 tsp 0.62 ml white pepper
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml sea salt
- Cook bacon strips over medium heat until done; set aside.
- Sautée garlic, leeks, cauliflower and parsnips in remaining bacon fat until tender.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, except the cooked bacon. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes. Then ladle soup in a blender and blend to desired consistency.
- Season to taste and serve with bacon pieces atop.