Radishes are not a vegetable we typically see roasted but trust me, they end up super sweet and soft when cooked this way. Radishes are also affordable and not quite as starchy as other root vegetables so this is a great side dish for those with blood sugar imbalances. Radishes are considered a bitter or astringent vegetable so they’re great for clearing up GI infections and stimulating digestion.
Roasted Radishes with Herbed Dressing
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp 29.57 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp 29.57 ml dijon mustard
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml rosemary
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml thyme
- 5 cups 1200.00 ml radishes
- ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt To taste
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Cut the radishes in half. Spread them out onto a sheet pan.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, turning once with a spatula, until browned and tender.
- To a small jar add remaining olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper. Shake well to blend.
- Place the roasted radishes in a medium bowl, top with the vinaigrette while radishes are still warm and serve.