Not only is this recipe full of gut-friendly ingredients, it also contains traditional Southern value during the New Year! Pork is considered one of the luckiest foods to eat on New Year’s Day because pigs represent prosperity and forward movement. This is due to their their round bodies and the way they root forward with their noses.
I also added kale to represent the green color of paper money. These are two of these most popular ingredients to include in meals on New Year’s day because of how “lucky” they are.
This recipe brings you good luck and good health! It has a ton of beneficial nutrients including fiber and healthy fats, and creates a delicious snack mix to kick off any weekend with a healthy gut.
Savory Party Mix
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon turkey or pork
- 2 cups 480.00 ml salted pork cracklings (unflavored for AIP)
- 2 cups 480.00 ml plain kale chips (or nut-free flavor with approved ingredients)
- 1 cup 240.00 ml tigernuts
- 1 cup 240.00 ml plantain chips
- 1 cup 240.00 ml beet chips unsweetened, dehydrated
- 1 cup NaN ml coconut chips unsweetened, salted or plain
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon until crispy then transfer to a paper towel and pat dry. Once the bacon is cool, chop into large pieces and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well, and enjoy with friends and family!