These sweet and savory sweet potato meatballs are a hit all year round and perfect to pair with your favorite veggie. Give this unique and delicious recipe a try!
Meal planning is easier than ever, thanks to The Myers Way® Meal Planning Tool! Choose from over 175 recipes, including exclusive access to recipes not available on my website, to find delicious dishes that fit your protocol. Add recipes to your menu and make customizations in the easy-to-use tool, then generate your personalized shopping list.
No more sifting through websites and recipe books or spending hours wandering through the grocery store!
Try it out today!
Sweet Potato Meatballs
- 2 lbs 908.00 g ground beef or bison
- 2 sweet potato cooked and peeled
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml coconut flour
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 1 1/2 tsp 7.39 ml garlic salt
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml thyme
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground ginger
- 4 Tbsp 59.15 ml coconut oil divided
- Take meat out of the refrigerator and let warm to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground meat, sweet potatoes, coconut flour, onion, garlic salt, thyme, ginger, and 2 Tbsp coconut oil (I used a potato masher, then my hands). Form into balls.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with remaining coconut oil or animal fat.
- Place meatballs in pan in batches, turning occasionally to cook through on all sides.
- When meatballs are cooked through, remove from pan and serve hot.