This creamy soup is packed with a ton of great flavor! The delicious and healthy ingredients create an AIP-friendly version of your favorite Italian soup. My Zuppa Toscana uses coconut milk, bone broth, fresh herbs, and ground pork to fill you up and keep you satisfied throughout your busy day.
Zuppa Toscana is a naturally gluten-free and grain-free soup. However, you won’t miss those ingredients! The vegetables provide enough fiber to keep you full, and promote the movement of material through your digestive system to support gut health.
Instead of cream or milk, this recipe calls for coconut milk. A healthy, dairy-free alternative that reduces inflammation and supports your body’s ability to fight viruses and the bad bacteria that causes infections.
On top of all of this, there is multiple sources of protein in my Zuppa Toscana! The ground pork and nitrate-free bacon are salty and delicious protein-packed additions. This soup will rival the recipes from your grandma’s kitchen. So make a big batch for friends and family, or for yourself to have throughout the week!
- 1 14.787 tbsp ml Avocado oil
- 1 454 lb g ground pork
- 1 4.929 tsp ml sea salt
- 1 4.929 tsp ml ground black pepper
- 1 4.929 tsp ml onion powder
- 2 9.858 tsp ml oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 9.858 tsp ml thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 6 6 slices nitrate-free bacon chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 3 slices nitrate-free bacon chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 1440 cups ml chicken bone broth
- 3 japanese sweet potatoes approximately 1 pound, chopped into bite-size pieces (you can use turnips, rutabagas, or parsnips instead)
- 5 turnip approximately 1 lb, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 240 cup ml coconut milk full fat
- 1 240 cup ml kale destemmed
- ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
Updated on: Published on: