KARA FITZGERALD, ND,received her doctorate of naturopathic medicine from National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. She completed the first CNME-accredited post-doctorate position in nutritional biochemistry and laboratory science at Metametrix Clinical Laboratory under the direction of Richard Lord, Ph.D. Her residency was completed at Progressive Medical Center, a large, integrative medical practice in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Fitzgerald is a lead author and co-editor with J. Alexander Bralley, Ph.D. of The Metametrix Institute’s Case Studies in Integrative and Functional Medicine, a contributing author to Laboratory Evaluations for Integrative and Functional Medicine and the Institute for Functional Medicine’s updated Textbook for Functional Medicine.
Dr. Fitzgerald lectures globally on functional medicine, most recently in India, Hong Kong and the UK. She is on faculty and at the Institute for Functional Medicine and maintains a private practice in Sandy Hook, Connecticut.
Click the media player below to listen to the podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
The Myers Way Episode 14: Allergies Eczema and Asthma with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald
- What are allergies?
- What is the origin of allergies?
- Why is allergic disease so widespread now?
- What is the role of the gut in relation to allergies?
- Tell us about elevated Histamine levels, HistaDao and Dunwoody Lab testing?
- What are the key nutrients that are needed to address allergies?
- What can we do to prevent allergic disease
- Tell us about a few difficult case stories all along, are there any others you’d like to share?
- What is your opinion on allergy shots and sublingual immune therapy?
Connect with Dr. Fitzgerald
Like her on Facebook.