This recipe is a sneak peek from my AIP & Paleo Holiday Recipes eBook.
My mom made gingerbread cake and cookies from scratch when I was growing up, so I’m excited to share with you this autoimmune-friendly version of my mom’s famous Gingerbread!
I absolutely love the fragrant spices of Gingerbread: cinnamon, cardamom allspice, cloves, and of course–ginger! These flavors always get me feeling nostalgic for my childhood.
Serve this at Thanksgiving or your next holiday gathering. I promise it will be a huge hit!
AIP & Paleo Holiday Gingerbread
- 1 cup 240.00 ml Cassava flour
- 2/3 cup 160.00 ml coconut flour
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml arrowroot flour
- 1 scoop The Myers Way® Gelatin
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml baking soda
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp 9.86 ml ground ginger
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground cardamom
- 1 tsp 4.93 ml ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1 cup 240.00 ml applesauce unsweetened
- 3/4 cup 180.00 ml water
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml coconut oil
- 1/3 cup 80.00 ml maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp 29.57 ml water or full fat coconut milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with melted coconut oil.
- To make the cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cassava flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, gelatin, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, cloves, cream of tartar, and sea salt. On low speed, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the applesauce, water, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes. The batter will be thick.
- Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze: In a saucepan, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, and water over low heat until a glaze forms. Whisk together and set aside.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool completely before turning out of the pan. Pour glaze on top and slice to serve.