The Myers Way Episode 10: Sleep Expert Dan Pardi
Dan is the CEO and co-founder of Dan’s Plan, an online wellness and technology company promoting optimal health in our modern world. Prior to founding this company, Dan established a track record of excellence in various health-related occupations, including innovative work in bioinformatics and Scientific and Medical Affairs in the biopharmaceutical industries. Dan has also performed scientific research on diet, exercise, and cancer, and continues to conduct research today in both sleep neurobiology and cognitive neuroscience at Stanford University and the University of Leiden.
Click the media player below to listen to the podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window
- How our sleep has changed over the last 50 years (hint: we are sleeping less)
- The effects of loss of sleep and sleep deprivation
- The importance of intention formation for sleep
- How we discover our optimal number of hours to sleep
- How artificial light in the evenings is the greatest negative factor for sleep
- How sleep problems influence weight gain
- What are the health risks associated with night shift work and some health suggestions
- What is iPad insomnia?
Getting Better Sleep
- How to improve circadian rhythms
- How to use amber lights, blackout curtains, and computer software to help get better sleep
- Do natural sleep aids work? (5HTP, Melatonin, Magnesium)
- How what you do during the day, affects your sleep at night
- 5 tips to better sleep
How do people stay in touch with you Dan?
Updated on: Published on: