Getting ready for Thanksgiving with family or friends? Don’t miss out on the Thanksgiving classics! With a little time and creativity, you can create your own gluten-free, dairy-free Thanksgiving meals from scratch! To help get you started, try our Herb-Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey and Ginger Cranberry Sauce.
Herb-Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey and Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- 16 lb 7264.00 g turkey
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml sea salt
- 8 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 20 sage leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml thyme
- 4 pear halved and cored
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml coconut oil melted
Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- 1 pound 454.00 g cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup 120.00 ml applesauce
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml water
- 1/4 cup 60.00 ml lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp 14.79 ml ginger finely grated
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp 44.36 ml maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and arrange rack as low as possible in the oven.
- Remove the gizzards of the turkey. Rinse and dry turkey with paper towels, and tie legs together with a string.
- Place turkey in roasting pan with the breast facing up. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt over turkey.
- Place garlic, half of sage, and half of thyme on a cutting board and mince until a paste forms. Carefully pat herb paste all over turkey just underneath the skin.
- Place pear halves around the turkey in the roasting pan and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Roast turkey in oven for 4 hours (about 15 minutes per pound). If the skin begins browning too soon, cover the turkey with foil.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the turkey's thigh. Once the internal temperate reaches 175 degrees F, your turkey is done.
- Once turkey is done, remove it from the oven, lightly coat skin with coconut oil, and let it cool off for 20 to 30 minutes. Carve and serve!
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until the berries begin to burst, or about 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. Enjoy chilled with warm, roasted turkey.